Thursday, May 8, 2008

Julian Buck
Project Three Lesson plan.

Start off - Introduce myself, and say "well I'm here to tell you a story... but first I'd like to ask a question. How many of you guys know somebody who is really, really old?"

Wait for answer and ask how many, then say, " well the story I'm going to tell you is about a really old man from Midwest..."

(semi add-lib: this is a general outline of story with illustrations. not to be said word for word)

The old man was walking down by a lake when he saw some glowing antlers on on the ground. intrigued he went over and picked them up to examine them. He started to get dizzy so he put them down and decided to go home to his cottage and lie down. when he woke up he heard so many voices, but there were no people. Soon he realized he could hear animals speaking! he was so happy but when he stood up to jump for joy, he realized his feet had become hoofs, and his hands started to look like antlers. he said to himself "what the... what's happening to me? OH NO I HAVE MOOSE SYNDROME." moose syndrome is a terminal illness that makes its victims become a moose to death!

now the man was so sad that he was now a Moose man that went running through the forest to the cliffs hanging over the sea. he knew that he was going to die, so he decided that he was going to jump over the cliffs to kill himself, but just as he reached the cliffs, he was confronted by a big gray fox named Euth. Euth came running from the forest and yelled, "Moose man wait! don't Kill yourself!"

upset, Moose man answered, "Why? I'm going to die anyway. just leave me alone!"

Now Euth knew that he was going to say that, so in response he said, "wait Moose man, don't do this. you could make a mistake, and instead of dying you may just hurt yourself really badly! come with me, I want to take you to someone that can help you end your suffering painless and easily." Moose man agreed, and off they went. Through the huge forest and the crusty swamp they ran, not stopping for a moments rest. Finally they came to a road, and at the end of the road was a little house. slowly they walked up to the house. When the reached the door it opened up and inside was a happy little man in a doctors outfit. Looking at Moose man, he said, "Hi! I'm doctor D.! Welcome to my home. Come on in." So inside they went.

They spoke for a while, the three of them did, explaining the situation to one another, when finally doctor D stoop up and said, "well Moose man I understand what your going through. Come with me I have to show you something." So the two of them went to Doctor D's Kitchen and doctor D took a cup out of the refrigerator. Doctor D then turned to Moose man and said, "Here Moose man, drink this magical shake. It will help you end all of you suffering peacefully and easily."

Moose man was so happy! He said to doctor D, " Thank you so much Doctor. You sure have made this easy for me. Now I can go in peace and on my terms. Ill never forget you." Moose man then left the kitchen and found Euth. Looking at the cup in his hands, he said, "Euth, if it wasn't for you I would have seriously hurt myself and made you feel really sad. I'm so glad I have a good friend like you. Well, Bottoms up!" Having said that, Moose man proceeded to drink the magical shake. Slowly he laid down, closed his eyes, and and went to bed for the last time.

No comments: